CLUB DELEGATE PROGRAM
We are in the process of recruiting active Pennsylvania Golf Association members, to be a Club Delegate for your club.

 KEYSTONE PARTNERSHIP
The Keystone Partnership has been created by the Pennsylvania Golf Association in order that serious golfers can synergize with us in our efforts towards promoting Golf for the Commomwealth!

 FAQS
Who and what is The Pennsylvania Golf Association? Check out Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for all your answers.

  PAGA MEMBER CLUBS

Woodloch Resort
731 Welcome Lake Rd
Lackawaxen, PA  18435                    Printable Version
web:  www.woodloch.com

Architect:  Rocky Roquemore

 
 Club Contacts 
 
 
 Director of Golf John E Pillar, Sr. (570) 878-1812 
 Club Manager Matt Kiesendahl (570) 685-8119 
 Superintendent Jeff Hugaboom (570) 685-8145 
 
 Slope Rating 
 
 

TeeFront RatingFront SlopeBack RatingBack SlopeCourse RatingCourse SlopeCourse Bogey
Country Club at Woodloch
 Championship 36.1132 35.9 145 72.0 139 0.0 
 Back 35.3134 34.7 127 70.0 130 0.0 
 Middle 33.8126 33.2 125 66.9 125 0.0 
 Forward 31.9111 31.4 109 63.3 110 0.0 
 
 Directions 
 
 

view larger map
 
 Club History 
 
 

The serenity of Lake Teedyuskung was a magnet to Mary Mould and she vowed to return often, having vacationed there as a young girl.

In 1944 she married Harry Kiesendahl, the energetic and enthusiastic football hero of Baldwin High School — Long Island, NY. They weathered Harry’s tour of duty in WWII and settled down to start a family. Thoughts of the shimmering Lake Teedyuskung were frequent but pushed quickly aside as the task of raising their young family —which now included John, Nancy & Steve— took precedence.

Fate intervened on the day Harry saw the advertisement in the New York Times listing for sale a small resort on a private lake in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The small, unidentified lake in the ad turned out to be Lake Teedyuskung.

Events steamrolled from there and the purchase of the resort from the current owners, the Svenningsens, was completed smoothly. Mary, the children, and her parents moved to take up residence at the resort in April of 1958. Harry kept his Long Island business and stayed with his family at Woodloch Pines on the weekends.

The original 12 acres included a main lodge, annex and two cottages, all of which accommodated about 40 guests. By 1961 expansion had doubled the size of the resort and by 1983 the resort had grown into 150 acres with almost a mile of shoreline and 135 rooms. Currently the resort consists of over 1000 acres and can accommodate over 900 guests. Nearby Woodloch Springs houses the championship golf course and exquisite custom homes.

Throughout the history of the resort, a number of traditions have contributed to the phenomenal success, the most important being the highly personal treatment of the guests… "it’s as if they are company in our own home." This is what sets Woodloch apart from the other resorts.


Back to Listing ]

Copyright © 2017 The Pennsylvania Golf Association. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by AppNet Solutions